A Sub-Process is an activity part of a higher level process that can be “opened up” to show a lower-level Process.
A sub-process decomposes itself into sub-process and/or activities (tasks).
A sub-process is graphical represented using:
- UML activity diagram or
- BPMN collaboration diagram or
- BPMN choreography diagram or
- Any other notation enabling to describe the sequence of activity.
Note: sub-process was named 'macro-activity' in previous tool versions
Edit Sub-Process schema
Consult the diagram editor manual
Associations (Parent and children: using item hierarchy links):
Allowed parents: sub-process, phase, process
Allowed Children: sub-process, activity
Attributes not managed by the GUI (automatically calculated)
By default, a sub-process is fully generated ("Use workflow generated by
diagram editor to fully generate page" is checked).
But if you check "Page is partially generated", then the process schema section should be manually edited using the html editor. The rest of the page is generated.
- The sub-process schema
- The list of the in work products of the sub-process
(union of the in work products of all the children sub-processes/activities
(n levels depth following shortcuts).
Note related to the work product hierarchy: if sub work products are referenced in a sub-process, only the associated root work product will be generated in the sub-process page - so to achieve an adequate level of detail)
- The list of the activities / sub-processes of the sub-process
- The list of Quality criteria associated to the sub-process children sub-processes / activities (n levels depth)
|Eunomia Process Builder, the Business Process Modeling Tool (BPM tool)||Web site: http://www.eunomia-process.com/||main page|